Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Big 3-0!!

Yes, it's true. I officially left my 20's behind and entered my 30's on Wednesday. Since we were going to be flying to Iowa on my Birthday, Brad took me out to celebrate on Tuesday night. We went to this amazing restaurant call the Portland City Grill. It is on the 30th floor of a highrise building in Portland, so it has an amazing view of the city and the mountains. Brad's suave line was that he was taking me to celebrate my 30th on the 30th floor. :) :) I had amazing crab cakes, garlic potatoes, and roasted asparagus for dinner, and then delicious breadpudding with seasonal fruit for dessert. It was amazing!!

Celebrating with my most handsome knight in shining armor!

The most amazing bread pudding I have tasted...

Brad's handiwork with some decorations that were sprinkled on our table at dinner...


A good book ("Emma", one of my gifts from Brad), some delicious chocolate (thanks, Amanda!), and a good glass of wine... is there a better way to end the day?? :)

I was also very surprised on the night of my birthday. We stayed at Randy and Nicole's (Brad's brother and his wife), along with Nicole and Scott (Brad's sister and her husband). When we got back to Randy's after the family viewing on Wednesday night Nicole and Scott surprised me with a delicious chocolate and caramel cake they had made. Honestly one of the best cakes I have ever had. So, we had a Vos family party with cake! Thanks guys, for helping to make my birthday special!

God has blessed me beyond my wildest dreams in the last 30 years. I am excited for the adventures He has ahead of me!

3 comments:

Brian and Staci said...

yeay for Birthdays! Looks like you and Brad had a fun nite! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

mhall07 said...

happy late birthday! congrats on making it to another decade :)

JoMama said...

Happy happy Birthday! You look really great... for an old lady. :) No really, that fuschia colored shirt in the pics is a great color for you! Tell MR VOS hello from me. Take care.