Monday, March 17, 2008

Easter & Save The Date


Can you believe it is Easter? This shot is from Sagrada Familia in Barcelona. I have been thinking a lot about things since I (Brad) am preaching at an interfaith service at the hospital on Wednesday. The main thing that is striking me about Christ's death on the cross right now is how liberating it is. While it is liberating because it offers me eternal life with God, it is also liberating here right now as well. I am free to embrace my entire being here on earth as well. I don't have to fear my brokenness or my hurts or my failures or my sin because I know that God loves me unconditionally via Christ's work. This gives me confidence to explore those growth areas of my life because I know that my relationship is on solid ground.On a lighter note, even though, we are only half way through March. My (Brad's eyes) are already set on April. It will be a busy month for us. I preach up in Zillah, WA on April 6. I will also move a couple of steps closer to being ordained in the CRC. I have an interview with a panel of pastors up in Abbotsford, B.C. on April 11 and have to take a Bible Knowledge test on April 16. If I pass both, candidacy & ordination here we come.But we have even BIGGER NEWS! We are set to graduate from Western Seminary on April 26, 2008! You all are invited to attend (we know that most of you can't make it, but it is fun to send out the evite)! If you are coming, you can click on this link to get more information!

No comments: